Saturday 6th August 2022
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, NSW

Jabulani Challenge Postponed

30th March 2022

Bobbin Head, NSW

Due to the high winds forecast for the Bobbin Head area for the rest of this week and on Saturday we have had to make the heartbreaking decision to postpone the Jabulani Challenge from this Saturday, the 2nd of April. The predicted high winds, combined with the wet weather, means that there is a high risk of tree fall both before and during the event, and so it would not be safe to proceed as planned.

The wind in the local area has started to pick up today and there is already evidence of new trees down since we were on the trails earlier this week. We have been liaising closely with NPWS over the past few days and they have been doing everything possible to allow the event to go ahead, so it is devastating to have to postpone when we were so close. Mother Nature is not playing nice just at the moment!!!

We are already working with National Parks and Wildlife Service to secure a new date for the 2022 edition of the Jabulani Challenge, as soon as that is confirmed we will let all registered runners know.

All runners registered for the 2022 event will automatically have their entry rolled over to the new event date.

We understand that the new date means that some runners won’t be able to attend. All registered participants have received an email with their options. If you did not receive this please contact us by email HERE.

We thank you for your understanding and support in this difficult time. Our small customer service team is sure to be busy over the next few days so apologies in advance if there are slight delays in replying or processing your requests.

We hope to see you at Bobbin Head for the Jabulani Challenge in 2022, just not this weekend unfortunately!!!