LATEST NEWS

Event Postponed

Thursday, April 4, 2024

Due to the forecasted extreme weather hitting Sydney from later today, and in consultation with NPWS, we have had to make the heartbreaking decision to postpone the Jabulani Challenge from this Saturday, the 6th of April.

The predicted intense rainfall, potential for high winds and flooding means that we could not proceed without an increased, and unacceptable, risk to our runners. The event proceeding would also cause significant damage to an already fragile trail network and place the long-term future of the event in jeopardy.

We have been liaising closely with NPWS over the past few days and they have been doing everything possible to allow the event to go ahead, so it is devastating to have to postpone when we are so close.

We can announce that the new date for the Jabulani Challenge 2024 will be Saturday 10th August 2024.

All runners registered for the 2024 event will automatically have their entry rolled over to the new event date.

We understand that the new date means that some runners won’t be able to attend. If that is you then the following options are available to you:

  • Transfer 100% of your entry fee to another Max Adventure event in the future. This could be the Jabulani Challenge in 2025, one of our other trail running events including the Coastal Classic, Raffertys Coastal Run or Bouddi Coastal Run. If you want to transfer your entry you will need to let us know via email by Sunday, 28th July 2024. You do not need to tell us which event you would like to transfer to by that date, but you need to notify us that you will be transferring.
  • Transfer your entry to another runner for the Jabulani Challenge in August 2024. You can transfer your entry to another runner and once they accept the transfer you will receive a full refund. Details on performing a transfer can be found HERE.
  • A refund of your entry fee, plus any pre-purchased merchandise if desired, minus the nominated admin fee. To claim a refund please email us. Refunds will be available until Sunday, 28th July 2024.

We thank you for your understanding and support in this difficult time. Our small customer service team is sure to be busy over the next few days so apologies in advance if there are slight delays in replying or processing your requests.

We hope to see you at Bobbin Head in August for the Jabulani Challenge in 2024.

NEWS YOU MAY LIKE

Race Day Wrap Up

Race Day Wrap Up

There are some race days that just click, and this was one of them! It started cool and clear, the kind of morning where everyone’s sizing up the day ahead. Then the sun came out, the trails lit up, and suddenly it felt like the whole of Ku-ring-gai Chase was alive with runners. Different paces, different goals, but all moving through the same...

read more
2026 Jabulani Challenge Final Details

2026 Jabulani Challenge Final Details

The 2026 Jabulani Challenge is nearly here! We can't wait to see you at Bobbin Head on Saturday. This email contains all the important final information for event day, please read through it carefully.MANDATORY GEAR:We would like to remind all runners that they must...

Online Entries Closing Soon

Online Entries Closing Soon

Here is your reminder that online entries for the Jabulani Challenge close at midnight this Wednesday, 8 April 2026.  On the day entries will only be available if the event has not sold out before this date. Sign up now to save yourself the stress and some precious...

2026 Event Program Available

2026 Event Program Available

The 2026 Jabulani Challenge is nearly here! We are excited to welcome everyone back to beautiful Bobbin Head to tackle the trails through Ku-Ring-Gai Chase National Park.  The Event Program is now available with information on all race distances, the event schedule,...

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER